Friday 25 March 2016

Power Outage......

March 24th, power goes out in my area, according to my friend, it went out around 21:00... This was an interesting event, it was my first time in a high rise building during a blackout. Frankly speaking, I woke up from a long nap without realizing that the power had gone out. It wasn't until I saw that my friend had asked me if I had power that I realized that everything was off and I had no power in my room.

I was somewhat annoyed since I hadn't cooked dinner yet so I was somewhat hungry. But it was a good thing that my phone still had plenty of juice in it and I had data, so I could start making come calls around to see what was still open and serving food. Data really saved me, I was able to get a list of phone numbers for places nearby and had an idea of what my options were for a hot meal. I was glad to hear the elevators chime so I knew that the elevators were still running and wouldn't have to walk down numerous flights of stairs, I live near the top of one of the taller buildings in the area.

I ended up going to McDonald's since it was still open and is open 24 hours everyday, they have Wi-Fi, it was a short walk away, and they have free refills on coffee. :D It's rare occasions like today that I would actually go to McDonald's for food.

So I quickly packed my laptop and chargers and headed out to McDonald's and texted my friends to see if they were in the same boat as I was and we all met up at McDonald's. There was a long line up at McDonald's, pretty much no one had power but it still didn't take long before I got to order a meal.

In situations like these, it is important to have a plan of action and back up plans incase something falls through and doesn't go the way you want it to. Though, just sleeping through a black out is always a solid plan of action. You can get plenty of rest and wake up fully rested and ready to tackle some of those assignments you've been procrastinating on or you know, just binge watch your favourite show or game the day away.

Well, I guess I'll sit here at McDonald's for the next few hours and follow Waterloo Hydro's Twitter for updates.

Home

No comments:

Post a Comment