Saturday 5 March 2016

Question and Answers #4

Q: Hey CS dude, can you shed some light and opinions about the advanced math and cs courses at uw (whether you took them yourself, or have seen other take them). Thanks

A: I personally haven't taken them but I do know people who have and regretted doing that. They are extremely stressful courses and tiring. If you're up for the challenge then go for it and there's no shame in switching back into the the regular section which already has a fairly heavy workload. The advanced sections just cover more topics at a faster pace.

Keep in mind, it isn't all about academics, you need to have a balanced life so don't take it just because it looks ever so slightly better to have taken it and end up over exerting yourself.

Home

3 comments:

  1. I'm a grade 11 Indian student. I've an average of 95% (10 points) in 10th grade. And 80% in grade 11, with an average of 90% in math. And I expect 95%+ in grade 12, but theses scores won't be available at the time of the admission process. And my school has one of the highest averages in the country, if that's help in any way. I'm very interested in the CS program. And FWIW, I'm C++ literate. My ECs aren't that impressive. What are my chances? And please suggest ways to improve my ECs, much inclined to CS. Everyone talks about creating apps. But I don't know where to start from. Please guide me. Thanks in advance!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I'm not very familiar with how international acceptances work so, I can't really give you an answer that I would be fine with giving out.

      Delete
  2. Hey man can you make a post about your everyday life as a CS student

    ReplyDelete